Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Elliot's first handmade dress...

I bought this material and pattern in Idaho and planned on making the dress with Melanie but we ran out of time and just ended up cutting out the pieces! Cameron's mom Jeanette saved the day and helped me finish the dress and showed me so many cool tricks! It turned out super sweet (if I do say so myself)! She was very patient with me and put up with the kids being there while we worked (what a saint)!
I can't wait to get my own sewing machine now and start trying to make more
(hmmm good thing mother's day is coming up)!
Trying to get a good picture was almost as
challenging as making the dress itself!
Check out the covered button on the back yo!

Fluffy petticoat underneath (probably made in china) from Old Navy.
The pink matched the pink in the material perfectly!

1 comment:

  1. omg omg omg!!! It turned out so adorable - way better than I could of done! Cute Cute Cute!!

    ReplyDelete